Besides ‘playing’ Tekken ‘collecting’ Tekken stuff became a hobby of me too. Maybe I’m still into it even more than before! First of all I bought Hwoarang’s Tekken3 actionfigure in NY, (that was my coolest holiday ever!) Cause I could not get it anywhere in here in Holland. I searched the whole of NY, have seen all corners of the city, but even there I had trouble finding it … I still had 1 hour to go before going back to Holland, but suddenly I was standing in a normal, very little ordinary game shop, and what did I see there? All sort of actionfigures including Hwoarang !! I went completely crazy, my day could not go wrong anymore. I was so happy! After a while (back in Holland again) I saw it in another game shop (X-Com) .. I decided to stay cool, I thought ‘what the hell, I’ll just buy another one’ !! And now they’re standing pleasantly with the rest of my Hwoarang / Tekken collection .
The Tekken3 Jin actionfigure was very hard to find, though all other actionfigs were very easy to find. I have not bought all characters, cause I do not think they’re all nicely made. f.i I do not think Paul looks too good, and Yoshimitsu could have been better too, just as King, and I do not like True Ogre as well. Whatever, does not matter!
To get the Jin actionfigure I decided to sign up on ebay and buy it there. It’s as easy as that, and since then I’m completely mad about ebay..It’s very addictive, you know!
What I also bought on ebay (or other sites);
* Hwoarang side decal art! It’s huge! I use it as a poster. I put it on a big black paper. It looks good, and I’m really happy with it! I look at it all day, especially at night, while laying in bed …
* Namco official collection cards sealed box (contains 20 packs, 8 random cards in each pack). Besides Tekken, Tekken2 Tekken3 and there are more games mixed into it (by Namco). The box is really beautiful, and so are the packs. I do not know if I want a new box again, or just a few packs, to get the complete collection. I’ll see! Now I’m trying to get a box of the ‘Tekken official collection cards’.
* Tekken3 keychains (set # 1; Hwoarang, Jin, Yoshimitsu, King, Lei, Law, Eddy, Paul, Nina and Xiaoyu). They’re just so cute and cool !!
* Tekken official collection cards (3 packs). Sadly enough I discovered that there was not ONE Hwoarang card in it … that was really dissapointing, though I was very happy with the remaining cards, they’re just great in your collection and they look beautiful. But whenever I get the chance to buy / get more cards, I will buy them until I’ve got all the cards incl. Hwoarang!
* Tekken4 + Tekken3 poster and a Tekken4 shirt, from Namstore. The posters are really nice, glossy and huge !! The shirt of Tekken4 is cool too, I love to wear it, not all the time ofcourse, cause I’m very careful with the stuff I collect, I do not want scratches or spots on it, so I wear it only on special days , = P
* 12 Hong Kong Tekken3’s manga; vol. 6,7,8,10,11,13,14,15,17,19,21 and 26. Okay, they may be Chinese, so I can not read the shit of it, but who cares? I love to turn over the pages, the art is beautiful.
* Tekken3 manga doujinshi. When I saw this book on ebay I did not hestitate and bought it immediately. It looks cool and it’s funny too!
* Tekken4 original soundtrack CD. Yeah, this is just great. I love the music in Tekken4! Especially I like tracks such as ‘parking garage’ and the music from Hwoarang’s…